Steglatro is a medicine used to treat adults with type 2 diabetes together with diet and exercise.
Steglatro can be used in combination with other diabetes medicines or on its own in patients who cannot take metformin.
Steglatro contains the active substance ertugliflozin.
Steglatro : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/144.33 KB)
First published: 05/04/2018
Last updated: 16/02/2022
Steglatro : EPAR - Risk management plan summary (PDF/186.55 KB)
First published: 16/02/2022
|Agency product number||
ertugliflozin l-pyroglutamic acid
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Merck Sharp & Dohme B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
22/10/2021 Steglatro - EMEA/H/C/004315 - WS/1953
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Drugs used in diabetes
Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors
Steglatro is indicated in adults aged 18 years and older with type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control:
- as monotherapy in patients for whom the use of metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications.
- in addition to other medicinal products for the treatment of diabetes.