Steglatro is a medicine used to control blood glucose (sugar) levels in adults with type 2 diabetes together with diet and exercise.
Steglatro can be used in combination with other diabetes medicines or on its own in patients who cannot take metformin.
Steglatro contains the active substance ertugliflozin.
Steglatro : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/117.64 KB)
First published: 05/04/2018
Last updated: 05/04/2018
|Agency product number||
ertugliflozin l-pyroglutamic acid
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Merck Sharp & Dohme B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
27/08/2018 Steglatro - EMEA/H/C/004315 - T/0002
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Drugs used in diabetes
other blood glucose lowering drugs
Steglatro is indicated in adults aged 18 years and older with type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control:
- as monotherapy in patients for whom the use of metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications.
- in addition to other medicinal products for the treatment of diabetes.