ertugliflozin / sitagliptin
Steglujan is a medicine used to control blood glucose (sugar) levels in adults with type 2 diabetes. It is used together with diet and exercise in the following patients:
- patients whose blood glucose levels are not satisfactorily controlled with the diabetes medicines metformin and/or a sulphonylurea, in combination with either ertugliflozin or sitagliptin;
- patients who are already taking ertugliflozin and sitagliptin as separate tablets.
Steglujan contains the active substances ertugliflozin and sitagliptin.
Steglujan : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/122.43 KB)
First published: 05/04/2018
Last updated: 05/04/2018
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Merck Sharp & Dohme B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
23/07/2020 Steglujan - EMEA/H/C/004313 - WS/1825
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Drugs used in diabetes
Combinations of oral blood glucose lowering drugs
Steglujan is indicated in adults aged 18 years and older with type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control:
- when metformin and/or a sulphonylurea (SU) and one of the monocomponents of Steglujan do not provide adequate glycaemic control.
- in patients already being treated with the combination of ertugliflozin and sitagliptin as separate tablets.