Thorinane : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/551.84 KB)
First published: 26/10/2016
Last updated: 24/10/2019
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Techdow Pharma Netherlands B. V.
Strawinskylaan 1143, Toren C-11
05/09/2017 Thorinane - EMEA/H/C/003795 - T/0003
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Thorinane is indicated for adults for:
- Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism, particularly in patients undergoing orthopaedic, general or oncological surgery.
- Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism in patients bedridden due to acute illnesses including acute heart failure, acute respiratory failure, severe infections, as well as exacerbation of rheumatic diseases causing immobilisation of the patient (applies to strengths of 40 mg/0.4 mL).
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), complicated or uncomplicated by pulmonary embolism.
- Treatment of unstable angina and non Q wave myocardial infarction, in combination with acetylsalicylic acid (ASA).
- Treatment of acute ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) including patients who will be treated conservatively or who will later undergo percutaneous coronary angioplasty (applies to strengths of 60 mg/0.6 mL, 80 mg/0.8 mL, and 100 mg/1 mL).
- Blood clot prevention in the extracorporeal circulation during haemodialysis.
Prevention and treatment of various disorders related to blood clots in adults.