This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Thorinane. It explains how the Agency assessed the medicine to recommend its authorisation in the EU and its conditions of use. It is not intended to provide practical advice on how to use Thorinane.
For practical information about using Thorinane, patients should read the package leaflet or contact their doctor or pharmacist.
Thorinane : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/82.13 KB)
First published: 26/10/2016
Last updated: 26/10/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
05/09/2017 Thorinane - EMEA/H/C/003795 - T/0003
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Thorinane is indicated for adults for:
- Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism, particularly in patients undergoing orthopaedic, general or oncological surgery.
- Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism in patients bedridden due to acute illnesses including acute heart failure, acute respiratory failure, severe infections, as well as exacerbation of rheumatic diseases causing immobilisation of the patient (applies to strengths of 40 mg/0.4 mL).
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), complicated or uncomplicated by pulmonary embolism.
- Treatment of unstable angina and non Q wave myocardial infarction, in combination with acetylsalicylic acid (ASA).
- Treatment of acute ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) including patients who will be treated conservatively or who will later undergo percutaneous coronary angioplasty (applies to strengths of 60 mg/0.6 mL, 80 mg/0.8 mL, and 100 mg/1 mL).
- Blood clot prevention in the extracorporeal circulation during haemodialysis.
Prevention and treatment of various disorders related to blood clots in adults.