human fibrinogen / human thrombin
VeraSeal is a sealant (glue) used to stop bleeding during surgery or to support stitches during surgery on blood vessels.
VeraSeal is used when standard surgery techniques do not work well enough. It contains the active substances human fibrinogen and human thrombin.
VeraSeal : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/121.76 KB)
First published: 17/01/2018
Last updated: 03/02/2020
VeraSeal : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/81.31 KB)
First published: 06/01/2020
|Agency product number||
human fibrinogen, human thrombin
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Instituto Grifols, S.A.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
30/09/2020 VeraSeal - EMEA/H/C/004446 - N/0011
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Supportive treatment in adults where standard surgical techniques are insufficient:
- for improvement of haemostasis
- as suture support in vascular surgery