This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Vidaza. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Vidaza.
Vidaza : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/83.5 KB)
First published: 23/01/2009
Last updated: 17/08/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharma EEIG
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
28/06/2021 Vidaza - EMEA/H/C/000978 - T/0053
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Vidaza is indicated for the treatment of adult patients who are not eligible for haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) with:
- intermediate 2 and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) according to the International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS),
- chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) with 10 29 % marrow blasts without myeloproliferative disorder,
- acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) with 20 30 % blasts and multi-lineage dysplasia, according to World Health Organisation (WHO) classification.
Vidaza is indicated for the treatment of adult patients aged 65 years or older who are not eligible for HSCT with AML with >30% marrow blasts according to the WHO classification.