This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Vidaza. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Vidaza.
Vidaza : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/83.5 KB)
First published: 23/01/2009
Last updated: 17/08/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharma EEIG
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
28/04/2022 Vidaza - EMEA/H/C/000978 - II/0057
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Vidaza is indicated for the treatment of adult patients who are not eligible for haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) with:
- intermediate 2 and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) according to the International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS),
- chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) with 10 29 % marrow blasts without myeloproliferative disorder,
- acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) with 20 30 % blasts and multi-lineage dysplasia, according to World Health Organisation (WHO) classification.
Vidaza is indicated for the treatment of adult patients aged 65 years or older who are not eligible for HSCT with AML with >30% marrow blasts according to the WHO classification.