This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Zeffix. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Zeffix.
Zeffix : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/108.73 KB)
First published: 11/09/2009
Last updated: 06/06/2016
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
Hepatitis B, Chronic
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Limited
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
08/11/2019 Zeffix - EMEA/H/C/000242 - IA/0075
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Antivirals for systemic use
Zeffix is indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B in adults with:
- compensated liver disease with evidence of active viral replication, persistently elevated serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) levels and histological evidence of active liver inflammation and / or fibrosis. Initiation of lamivudine treatment should only be considered when the use of an alternative antiviral agent with a higher genetic barrier is not available or appropriate;
- decompensated liver disease in combination with a second agent without cross-resistance to lamivudine.