Zessly is an anti-inflammatory medicine for treating the following diseases:
- rheumatoid arthritis (disease causing inflammation of the joints)
- Crohn’s disease (disease causing inflammation of the gut)
- ulcerative colitis (inflammation and ulcers in the lining of the gut)
- ankylosing spondylitis (inflammation of spine causing back pain)
- psoriasis (red, scaly patches on the skin)
- psoriatic arthritis (psoriasis with inflammation of the joints).
Zessly is used mainly in adults, usually when other medicines or treatments have failed or cannot be used. For Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, it is also used in children from 6 years of age. For some conditions, Zessly is also used in combination with another medicine, methotrexate.
Zessly is a ‘biosimilar medicine’. This means that it is highly similar to another biological medicine (the ‘reference medicine’) that is already authorised in the EU. The reference medicine for Zessly is Remicade.
Zessly contains the active substance infliximab.
Zessly : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/87.63 KB)
First published: 30/05/2018
Last updated: 01/06/2018
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
10/05/2019 Zessly - EMEA/H/C/004647 - IB/0008
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis.