Zessly is an anti-inflammatory medicine for treating the following diseases:
- rheumatoid arthritis (disease causing inflammation of the joints);
- Crohn’s disease (disease causing inflammation of the gut);
- ulcerative colitis (inflammation and ulcers in the lining of the gut);
- ankylosing spondylitis (inflammation of spine causing back pain);
- psoriasis (red, scaly patches on the skin);
- psoriatic arthritis (psoriasis with inflammation of the joints).
Zessly is used mainly in adults, usually when other medicines or treatments have failed or cannot be used. For Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, it is also used in children from 6 years of age. For some conditions, Zessly is also used in combination with another medicine, methotrexate.
Zessly is a ‘biosimilar medicine’. This means that it is highly similar to another biological medicine (the ‘reference medicine’) that is already authorised in the EU. The reference medicine for Zessly is Remicade. For more information on biosimilar medicines, see 'Related content' below.
Zessly : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/144.32 KB)
First published: 30/05/2018
Last updated: 10/02/2020
Zessly : EPAR - Risk management plan summary (PDF/78.14 KB)
First published: 23/05/2022
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
13/07/2023 Zessly - EMEA/H/C/004647 - 0030/G
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis.