clostridioides difficile / clostridium perfringens vaccine, inactivated
Table of contents
Suiseng Diff/A is a veterinary vaccine given to sows (female pigs that have already given birth to piglets) or gilts (female pigs that have not yet given birth to piglets) to protect their offspring from intestinal disease caused by toxins produced by the bacteria Clostridioides difficile (toxins A and B) and Clostridium perfringens type A (alpha toxin). Suiseng Diff/A contains versions of the toxins that have been inactivated so they cannot cause disease, called toxoid A, toxoid B and alpha toxoid.
Suiseng Diff/A : EPAR - Medicine Overview (PDF/140.97 KB)
First published: 24/01/2022
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical veterinary (ATCvet) codes||
Laboratorios Hipra, S.A.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Avda. La Selva, 135
Suiseng Diff/A - EMEA/V/C/005596 -
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
For the passive immunisation of neonatal piglets by means of the active immunisation of breeding sows and gilts:
- to prevent mortality and reduce clinical signs and macroscopic lesions caused by Clostridioides difficile toxins A and B.
- to reduce clinical signs and macroscopic lesions caused by Clostridium perfringens type A, alpha toxin.