Strategies to identify and mitigate risks for first-in-human and early clinical trials with investigational medicinal products
|Current effective version|
|Reference number||EMEA/CHMP/SWP/28367/07 Rev. 1|
|Keywords||First-in-human, phase I, early clinical trials, investigational medicinal product, risk mitigation, integrated protocols, multiple ascending dose, dose escalation|
This document addresses non-clinical and clinical issues for consideration prior to the first administration of an investigational medicinal product in humans. It also addresses the design and conduct of early clinical trials, including trials with integrated protocols. Emphasis is put on defining the uncertainty associated with the medicine tested at each step of the development and describing how the potential risks that might arise from this uncertainty will be addressed. The revision was made in cooperation with the EU Clinical Trials Facilitation Group (CTFG).
In operation: 01/02/2018-present
In operation: 01/09/2007-01/02/2018
- EudraLex - Volume 4 - Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines
- Virus safety evaluation of biotechnological investigational medicinal products
- Requirements for quality documentation concerning biological investigational medicinal products in clinical trials
- Requirements to the chemical and pharmaceutical quality documentation concerning investigational medicinal products in clinical trials
- ICH M3 (R2) Non-clinical safety studies for the conduct of human clinical trials for pharmaceuticals
- ICH M7 Assessment and control of DNA reactive (mutagenic) impurities in pharmaceuticals to limit potential carcinogenic risk
- ICH S3A Toxicokinetics: the assessment of systemic exposure in toxicity studies
- ICH S3B Pharmacokinetics: Guidance for repeated dose tissue distribution studies
- ICH S6 (R1) Preclinical safety evaluation of biotechnology-derived pharmaceuticals
- ICH S7A Safety pharmacology studies for human pharmaceuticals
- ICH S7B Non-clinical evaluation of the potential for delayed ventricular repolarization (QT interval prolongation) by human pharmaceuticals
- ICH S9 Non-clinical evaluation for anticancer pharmaceuticals
- Directive 2010/63/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes.
- Questions and Answers concerning the implementation of Directives 2004/9/EC and 2004/10/EC on Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- EudraLex - Volume 10 Clinical trials guidelines
- Detailed guidelines on good clinical practice specific to advanced therapy medicinal products
- ICH E6(R2) Guideline for good clinical practice
- ICH E11(R1) step 5 guideline on clinical investigation of medicinal products in the pediatric population.
- ICH E14 Clinical evaluation of QT/QTc interval prolongation and proarrhythmic potential for non-antiarrhythmic drugs.
- Evaluation of anticancer medicinal products in man
- Clinical evaluation of new vaccines