Annual workshop of the European network of paediatric research at EMA (Enpr-EMA)
Enpr-EMA’s annual workshop is a unique opportunity for networks as well as other stakeholders of paediatric clinical trials, such as healthcare professionals, parents, carers, patient representatives as well as medicine developers and regulators, to learn about the network’s priority activities.
The workshop aims to facilitate inter-network and stakeholder collaboration and to build competences at European level:
- Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the achievements and latest activities of Enpr-EMA and to discuss recent developments relevant to the conduct of paediatric clinical trials. This includes among other things the strengthening of the role of the paediatric research nurse, quality criteria for paediatric clinical trial sites, as well as improving the access of paediatric patients to clinical trials across borders.
- The meeting will see discussions on decentralised elements in clinical trials and on the renovation of the ICH E6 guideline on Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- EMA will inform participants and seek their feedback regarding planned actions to support academic sponsors as part of the ACT EU (Accelerate Clinical Trials in the EU) initiative.
- Moreover, the European Commission will present the main aspects of the proposed new EU pharmaceutical legislation relevant for paediatrics, which will provide first-hand insights and an opportunity for dialogue and discussion.
- The final session of the day will focus on best practices for patient recruitment as well as involvement of patients and young people in clinical trial planning.
The European Network of Paediatric Research at the European Medicines Agency (Enpr-EMA) is a network of research networks, investigators and centres with recognised expertise in performing clinical trials in children. Enpr-EMA’s main objective is to facilitate clinical trials in order to increase the availability of authorised medicines for children.
The event will be held face-to-face in Amsterdam and participants are encouraged to attend in person. For attendees unable to travel a virtual option will be available.
The deadline has been extended. We invite you to complete the registration form no later than 17 September 2023.