Table of contents
Aranesp is a medicine used to treat anaemia (low red blood cell counts) that is causing symptoms. It is used in two groups of patients:
- adults and children with chronic renal failure (long-term, decreasing in the ability of the kidneys to work properly);
- adults who are receiving chemotherapy for non‑myeloid cancer (cancer not originating in the bone marrow).
Aranesp contains the active substance darbepoetin alfa.
Aranesp : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/80.72 KB)
First published: 07/11/2007
Last updated: 14/05/2019
Aranesp : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/50.68 KB)
First published: 14/05/2019
Last updated: 13/01/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Amgen Europe B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
28/10/2022 Aranesp - EMEA/H/C/000332 - N/0162
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Treatment of symptomatic anaemia associated with chronic renal failure (CRF) in adults and paediatric patients.
Treatment of symptomatic anaemia in adult cancer patients with non-myeloid malignancies receiving chemotherapy.