clopidogrel / acetylsalicylic acid
DuoPlavin is a medicine used to prevent problems caused by blood clots and hardening of the arteries, such as a myocardial infarction (heart attack), in adults who are already taking both clopidogrel and acetylsalicylic acid (also known as aspirin) as separate tablets. It can be used in the following groups of patients who have a condition known as acute coronary syndrome:
- patients who have unstable angina (a severe type of chest pain) or who have had a heart attack with no ST-segment elevation (an abnormal reading on the ECG or electrocardiogram), including those who are having a stent (a short tube in an artery to prevent it closing up) inserted as part of a percutaneous coronary intervention (a procedure that unblocks blood vessels of the heart to restore its blood supply);
- patients being treated for heart attack with ST-segment elevation who are having a percutaneous coronary intervention or for whom the doctor thinks that they would benefit from thrombolytic or fibrinolytic treatment (treatments to dissolve blood clots).
DuoPlavin contains the active substances clopidogrel and acetylsalicylic acid.
DuoPlavin : EPAR - Medicine Overview (PDF/117.78 KB)
First published: 31/03/2010
Last updated: 16/02/2023
DuoPlavin : EPAR - Risk management plan summary (PDF/150.92 KB)
First published: 16/02/2023
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Sanofi Winthrop Industrie
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
82 Avenue Raspail
30/06/2023 DuoPlavin - EMEA/H/C/001143 - N/0071
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
DuoPlavin is indicated for the secondary prevention of atherothrombotic events in adult patients already taking both clopidogrel and acetylsalicylic acid (ASA). DuoPlavin is a fixed-dose combination medicinal product for continuation of therapy in:
- Non ST segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (unstable angina or non-Q-wave myocardial infarction) including patients undergoing a stent placement following percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI);
- ST segment elevation acute myocardial infarction (STEMI) in patients undergoing a stent placement) or medically treated patients eligible for thrombolytic/fibrinolytic therapy.
For further information please refer to section 5.1.