Table of contents
Inhixa is an anticoagulant medicine (a medicine that prevents blood clots) used in adults for:
• preventing venous thromboembolism (blood clots that form inside the veins, obstructing blood flow), especially in patients who are having surgery or who are at greater risk of clots because they are beridden due to illness;
• treating deep vein thrombosis (DVT, where the clot develops in a deep vein, usually in the leg) and pulmonary embolism (PE, a clot in a blood vessels supplying the lungs);
• treating DVT and PE in patients with active cancers, and preventing these clotting problems from occurring again;
• treating unstable angina (a severe type of chest pain caused by problems with the blood flow to the heart);
• treating certain types of myocardial infarction (heart attack);
• preventing clots forming when blood is circulated through a haemodialysis machine to remove toxic substances.
In the treatment of unstable angina and heart attack Inhixa is given with aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid).
Inhixa contains the active substance enoxaparin sodium and is a ‘biosimilar medicine’. This means that Inhixa is highly similar to another biological medicine (the ‘reference medicine’) that is already authorised in the EU. The reference medicine for Inhixa is Clexane. For more information on biosimilar medicines, see here.
Inhixa : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/142.71 KB)
First published: 26/10/2016
Last updated: 06/09/2022
Inhixa : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/205.53 KB)
First published: 04/01/2022
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
This is a biosimilar medicine, which is a biological medicine highly similar to another already approved biological medicine called the ‘reference medicine’. For more information, see Biosimilar medicines.
Techdow Pharma Netherlands B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
Strawinskylaan 1143, Toren C-11
01/03/2023 Inhixa - EMEA/H/C/004264 - IAIN/0096
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Inhixa is indicated for adults for:
- Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism, particularly in patients undergoing orthopaedic, general or oncological surgery.
- Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism in patients bedridden due to acute illnesses including acute heart failure, acute respiratory failure, severe infections, as well as exacerbation of rheumatic diseases causing immobilisation of the patient (applies to strengths of 40 mg/0.4 mL).
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), complicated or uncomplicated by pulmonary embolism.
- Treatment of unstable angina and non Q wave myocardial infarction, in combination with acetylsalicylic acid (ASA).
- Treatment of acute ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) including patients who will be treated conservatively or who will later undergo percutaneous coronary angioplasty (applies to strengths of 60 mg/0.6 mL, 80 mg/0.8 mL, and 100 mg/1 mL).
- Blood clot prevention in the extracorporeal circulation during haemodialysis.