Multilateral coalitions and initiatives
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) participates in multilateral coalitions and initiatives that bring together the medicines regulatory authorities and pharmaceutical industry from around the world. The aim of these activities is to promote convergence of global standards, increase sharing of information and address common challenges.
International cooperation in medicine regulation increasingly involves multilateral processes that takes place on a variety of platforms. EMA is actively involved in the commissions and working parties set up by these platforms where these are relevant to its objectives and work.
These activities are additional to EMA's bilateral activities with partner authorities.
In this section
- Codex Alimentarius
- European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines and HealthCare (EDQM) of the Council of Europe
- International Council for Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH)
- International Coalition of Medicines Regulatory Authorities (ICMRA)
- International Generic Drug Regulators Programme (IGDRP)
- International Pharmaceutical Regulators Forum (IPRF)
- World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
- Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme (PIC/S)
- International Cooperation on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Veterinary Medicinal Products (VICH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)