CVMP: Working parties and other groups
The Committee for Veterinary Medicinal Products (CVMP) establishes a number of working parties at the beginning of each three-year mandate. These working parties have expertise in a particular scientific field, and are composed of members selected from the list of European experts maintained by the Agency.
The CVMP consults its working parties on scientific issues relating to their particular field of expertise, and delegates certain tasks to them associated with the scientific evaluation of marketing authorisation applications or drafting and revision of scientific guidance documents.
The current CVMP working parties are:
- Antimicrobials Working Party
- Efficacy Working Party
- Environmental Risk Assessment Working Party
- Immunologicals Working Party
- Novel Therapies and Technologies Working Party
- Quality Working Party
- Pharmacovigilance Working Party
- Safety Working Party
- Scientific Advice Working Party
Other CVMP-associated groups
The CVMP also establishes other groups to provide expertise. The CVMP consults these groups and delegates to them certain tasks associated with marketing authorisations, applications, and the drafting and revision of guidance documents.
The current CVMP-associated groups are:
- Working Group on Quality Review of Documents
- Expert Group on the Application of the 3Rs in the Development of Medicinal Products
- Active Substance Master File Working Group
- Antimicrobial Advice Ad Hoc Expert Group (AMEG)