CVMP: Working parties and other groups
The Committee for Veterinary Medicinal Products (CVMP) establishes a number of working parties at the beginning of each three-year mandate. These working parties have expertise in a particular scientific field, and are composed of members selected from the list of European experts maintained by the Agency.
The CVMP consults its working parties on scientific issues relating to their particular field of expertise, and delegates certain tasks to them associated with the scientific evaluation of marketing authorisation applications or drafting and revision of scientific guidance documents.
Working parties and groups
The current CVMP working parties are:
- 3Rs Working Party
- Antimicrobials Working Party
- Efficacy Working Party
- Environmental Risk Assessment Working Party
- Immunologicals Working Party
- Novel Therapies and Technologies Working Party
- Quality Working Party
- Pharmacovigilance Working Party
- Safety Working Party
- Scientific Advice Working Party
The working parties are supported by the following scientific groups:
Other CVMP-associated groups
The CVMP also establishes other groups to provide expertise. The CVMP consults these groups and delegates to them certain tasks associated with marketing authorisations, applications, and the drafting and revision of guidance documents.
The current CVMP-associated groups are:
- Working Group on Quality Review of Documents
- Active Substance Master File Working Group
- Antimicrobial Advice Ad Hoc Expert Group (AMEG)
The CVMP is further supported by the work of the Good Manufacturing Practice Inspection Services Group. Information on its role is available under inspections.