This is a summary of the European public assessment report (EPAR) for Caelyx. It explains how the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) assessed the medicine to reach its opinion in favour of granting a marketing authorisation and its recommendations on the conditions of use for Caelyx.
Caelyx : EPAR - Summary for the public (PDF/70.58 KB)
First published: 10/03/2008
Last updated: 17/11/2010
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Janssen-Cilag International N.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
12/10/2018 Caelyx - EMEA/H/C/000089 - N/0085
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Caelyx is indicated:
- as monotherapy for patients with metastatic breast cancer, where there is an increased cardiac risk;
- for treatment of advanced ovarian cancer in women who have failed a first-line platinum-based chemotherapy regimen;
- in combination with bortezomib for the treatment of progressive multiple myeloma in patients who have received at least one prior therapy and who have already undergone or are unsuitable for bone marrow transplant;
- for treatment of AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma (KS) in patients with low CD4 counts (<200 CD4 lymphocytes/mm3) and extensive mucocutaneous or visceral disease. Caelyx may be used as first-line systemic chemotherapy, or as second line chemotherapy in AIDS-KS patients with disease that has progressed with, or in patients intolerant to, prior combination systemic chemotherapy comprising at least two of the following agents: a vinca alkaloid, bleomycin and standarddoxorubicin (or other anthracycline).
European Medicines Agency recommends precautionary recall of remaining batch of Vistide manufactured at Ben Venue Laboratories13/12/2011
European Medicines Agency gives further interim recommendations on dealing with shortcomings in quality assurance at Ben Venue Laboratories09/12/2011
European Medicines Agency gives interim recommendations to deal with shortcomings in quality assurance at Ben Venue Laboratories22/11/2011