pertuzumab / trastuzumab
Table of contents
Phesgo is a cancer medicine for treating adults with ‘HER2-positive’ breast cancer (where a protein called HER2 is found on the cancer cells).
It is used in combination with other cancer medicines in:
- patients with early breast cancer (when the cancer has not spread to other parts of the body) at high risk of coming back, after they have surgery;
- patients with locally advanced, inflammatory breast cancer or with early breast cancer at high risk of coming back, before they have surgery;
- patients whose cancer that has come back locally after treatment and cannot be removed by surgery;
- patients with metastatic breast cancer (cancer that has spread to other parts of the body).
Phesgo contains the active substances pertuzumab and trastuzumab. For more information about the use of Phesgo and the other medicines the patients will receive, see the package leaflet.
Phesgo : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/151.14 KB)
First published: 13/01/2021
Phesgo : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/339.78 KB)
First published: 13/01/2021
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
This medicine is under additional monitoring, meaning that it is monitored even more intensively than other medicines. For more information, see Medicines under additional monitoring.
Roche Registration GmbH
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
13/01/2022 Phesgo - EMEA/H/C/005386 - II/0004
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Early breast cancer (EBC)
Phesgo is indicated for use in combination with chemotherapy in:
- the neoadjuvant treatment of adult patients with HER2-positive, locally advanced, inflammatory, or early stage breast cancer at high risk of recurrence
- the adjuvant treatment of adult patients with HER2-positive early breast cancer at high risk of recurrence
Metastatic breast cancer (MBC)
Phesgo is indicated for use in combination with docetaxel in adult patients with HER2-positive metastatic or locally recurrent unresectable breast cancer, who have not received previous anti-HER2 therapy or chemotherapy for their metastatic disease.