Olumiant is a medicine used in adults for treating:
- moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis (a disease causing inflammation of the joints) when standard treatment with disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (also known as ‘DMARDs’) has not worked well enough or if patients cannot tolerate them. Olumiant can be used either alone or in combination with the disease modifying drug, methotrexate;
- moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (eczema) when treatments applied to the skin are not sufficient or appropriate.
Olumiant contains the active substance baricitinib.
Olumiant : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/146.05 KB)
First published: 16/03/2017
Last updated: 23/11/2018
Olumiant : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/202.32 KB)
First published: 27/10/2020
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Eli Lilly Nederland B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
19/10/2020 Olumiant - EMEA/H/C/004085 - II/0016
- Annex I - Summary of product characteristics
- Annex IIA - Manufacturing-authorisation holder responsible for batch release
- Annex IIB - Conditions of the marketing authorisation
- Annex IIIA - Labelling
- Annex IIIB - Package leaflet
Please note that the size of the above document can exceed 50 pages.
You are therefore advised to be selective about which sections or pages you wish to print.
Olumiant is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients who have responded inadequately to, or who are intolerant to one or more disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs. Olumiant may be used as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate.
Olumiant is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in adult patients who are candidates for systemic therapy.