Nordimet is a medicine used to treat the following inflammatory conditions:
- active rheumatoid arthritis, a disease causing inflammation in joints;
- severe juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), a joint disease in children, when medicines known as NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) have not worked well enough;
- plaque psoriasis (a disease causing red, scaly patches on the skin) in adults with moderate to severe disease who can be treated with a medicine given by mouth or injection;
- severe psoriatic arthritis, inflammation of the joints that occurs in patients with psoriasis;
- Crohn's disease (a disease causing inflammation of the gut) in adults. It can be used in combination with corticosteroids or on its own to induce or maintain remission (a period without disease symptoms after treatment).
Nordimet contains the active substance methotrexate.
Nordimet is a ‘hybrid medicine’. This means that it is similar to a ‘reference medicine’ containing the same active substance, but Nordimet is available in more strengths. The reference medicine for Nordimet is Lantarel FS.
Nordimet : EPAR - Medicine overview (PDF/146.5 KB) (updated)
First published: 29/09/2016
Last updated: 20/11/2023
Nordimet : EPAR - Risk-management-plan summary (PDF/118.54 KB)
First published: 02/02/2021
Last updated: 27/10/2023
|Agency product number||
|International non-proprietary name (INN) or common name||
|Therapeutic area (MeSH)||
|Anatomical therapeutic chemical (ATC) code||
Nordic Group B.V.
|Date of issue of marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union||
18/10/2023 Nordimet - EMEA/H/C/003983 - II/0027
This medicine’s product information is available in all official EU languages.
Select ‘available languages’ to access the language you need.
Product information documents contain:
- summary of product characteristics (annex I);
- manufacturing authorisation holder responsible for batch release (annex IIA);
- conditions of the marketing authorisation (annex IIB);
- labelling (annex IIIA);
- package leaflet (annex IIIB).
You can find product information documents for centrally authorised human medicines on this website. For centrally authorised veterinary medicines authorised or updated from February 2022, see the Veterinary Medicines Information website.
Nordimet is indicated for the treatment of:
- active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients,
- polyarthritic forms of severe, active juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), when the response to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) has been inadequate,
- moderate to severe plaque psoriasis in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy, and severe psoriatic arthritis in adult patients,
- induction of remission in moderate steroid-dependent Crohn's disease in adult patients, in combination with corticosteroids and for maintenance of remission, as monotherapy, in patients who have responded to methotrexate.